Sunday, December 21, 2008

Best.Present.Ever

I will celebrate christmas day 2009 by dunking a basketball. My name is Tim and I'm 20 years old. Since 2002 my ADDICTION to basketball particularly NBA basketball has seen me devour every piece of content I could find on the beautiful game. That may sound like poetic fabrication but I assure you it is not. While this is an obsession I enjoy I do conceed they extent of my obession has not been the wisest investment of my time. From skipping school to watch a game live rather than the replay 8hrs later to scouring backdated boxscores for nearly 3hrs after one extended holiday. In 2005 I knew I could name every NBA player, their height-weight, college/origin and their PT/REB/ASS/BLK/STL within 2 integers(for the first 3 catergories)
.... And I did.

My love for basketball developed a deep admiration for those who can defy gravity. While I would not consider Vince Carter in my top 50 favorite NBA players, I have (and made many others) watch his aerial displays many times. I have searched at times with great feutily to find unequivocal evidence of truly great pure vertical leaping. Youtube is a hit and miss affair. While you do see amazing examples of jumping such as Kadour Ziani, Javier Sotomayor and TFB's T-dub, there is sadly a library of video's 10 times longer of people "writing cheques with their mouth that their ass can't cash".

My love affair with gravity defying leaps has spurred my to challenge to dunk a regulation size 7 ball on 10ft ring. And I will dunk a basketball on ther 25th of December 2009 but it will not be easy......

No comments:

Post a Comment