Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hitting the weights

After touching it for the first time on thursday, I touched it again on sunday, and then five times on monday.

So today I was obviously very keen for a leg workout to get even higher.

6 sets of squats (8 reps) superset with jumping (straight knee's) onto a 20inch bench until fail
4 sets of leg curl (including a new pb with weight)
4 sets of leg extension (10reps)
4 sets of calf raises (15-30 reps)
I also did 8 sets for shoulders and neck

I went home and had some creatine monohydrate and as solid 550g ( 1.25 lb) steak and some vegetables. Im at a very motivated stage at the moment, one thing I've learnt from past goal setting exercises is that I go too hard and burn myself out. Its great at first when your having all these amazing gains but that success leads to eventual failure, atleast in my case because as soon as the gains stop my motivation plummets.

Tomorrow I'm giving my legs a break, and then on thursday I'll do some light plyometrics ( in terms of contacts) and then on friday do some more leg weights. Currently I weigh 72-73kgs (160lbs) with about 8% body fat. Although its alot of work for my legs I am going to try and do 2 weight sessions and 2 plyometric sessions per week. The plyo's are far less intense then my weight sessions so I feel that the 4 sessions will add up to 3 reasonably hard sessions a week and I'm giving my legs atleast a day rest. Another benefit to doing 4 leg work outs a week is that its halving my upper body workouts. Although 160lbs doesn't sound like much I look like weigh alot more, so any excess meat I lose off the top meats less weight I have to hurtle into the atmosphere.

It will be an interesting few weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment